BROKEN CRAYON PROJECT
- 100,000 pounds of broken crayons are dumped in landfills every year. Yikes!
- Our environment project is to recycle them.
- We can do our part to help the earth.
- Just bring your broken crayons to church and put them in the Collection Box, Nov - Dec 2022
- Earth Kids will make sure they go to be recycled. Thank You!
Welcome to Youth and Family Ministry at Unity of Fairfax
Our curriculum nurtures and explores the innate wisdom and divine qualities within each child. Our Creative, Energetic, and Loving program helps children learn, share, and celebrate God’s Spirit in each other and in the world. Youth express and explore their spiritual nature in an accepting, safe, family-friendly environment.
Our philosophy affirms spirituality innately resides within everyone and everything. Spirituality isn’t a process of being fed information from the outside but of awakening inner divinity.
Unity has moved past the belief that teachers have all the answers and impart them down to students. We affirm that we are uniquely unfolding on our own individual spiritual paths. We refer to this ‘unfolding of the rose’ philosophy as The Living Curriculum.
Youth and Family Virtual Content
Unity of Fairfax Youth and Family Ministry programs are fully open; in addition, the following virtual opportunities of youth spiritual growth and development are available.
Content for Elementary Age Children
Below are four samples of content for elementary age children that is added regularly to the Unity of Fairfax Youth and Family Ministry YouTube channel. Bookmark that page and check it often!
Content for Tweens and Teens
- The Unity Eastern Region offers programs for Uniteens (grades 6-8) and the Youth of Unity (grades 9-12).
Youth Ministry Program
Complete details about Unity of Fairfax’s program for youth: download the Youth Ministry Program Guide.
Youth Ministry Program Quick Facts
Our Youth and Family ministry offers many opportunities for children as well as adults who would like to volunteer. For more information about specific classes, visit the Youth & Family Classes page. Here are a few quick facts:
If you have questions, contact Beverly Ellis, Youth and Family Ministry Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-281-1767 x7008.
Please visit and like YOUTHity Village, the YFM of Unity of Fairfax found at https://www.facebook.com/Youthandfamilyministries/ This will keep you up to date with the YFM happenings at our church.
Social Media Sites for Unity of Fairfax YFM
The Living Curriculum
Myrtle Fillmore, co-founder of Unity, believed our mission was not to “entertain the children, but instead, to draw them out.” Unity believes and affirms that what we learn and know already lives within each individual.
We use a curriculum philosophy known as The Living Curriculum.
This method offers spiritual support to help all ages develop successful living concepts. It honors the inherent wholeness and wisdom within each one of us and utilizes storytelling and experiential creative expression to “draw out” the Truth we already know.
The curriculum explores spiritual principles and how they operate in our lives.
Five Basic Unity Principles
- God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
- I am naturally good because God’s Divinity is in me and in everyone.
- I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
- Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
- I do and give my best by living the Truth that I know. I make a difference!
Join our Youth & Family Ministry Team and take your spiritual growth & development to a higher level. Make a Difference by Volunteering! Teaching and non-teaching opportunities available.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities contact Beverly Ellis, Director of Youth and Family Ministry:
email@example.com · 703-281-1767 x7008